Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Are You Alone In the Dark?

I decided that I've been serious enough (for me anyway) in my past blogs, and when I found this headline and then data, I couldn't help but laugh (sorry). Midterm Elections have just happened, and I am still amazed to see that Gallup has such a variety of polls. Anyway, this is what I found.

 Although I laugh about it, I do have a very close relative who is afraid of the dark in any situation, so I did find this data to be interesting and relevant. From 1965 up until 2010 data has shown a surprising percentage of people who would be afraid to walk alone at night anywhere within a mile of their homes. From 1968 to 1975 there is a 14% increase in people who say they were afraid, and the percentages stay in the 40's, decreasing by 1998. Whether it was the boom in the film industry or a superstitious uprise, the dark scares enough people to make it a topic of discussion on Gallup.

No comments:

Post a Comment